Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thanksgiving Place Cards

Hey crafters! Can you believe Thanksgiving is just around the corner?! Only two weeks from today, yikes! Thankfully this past weekend I was able to get a head start on some Thanksgiving decoration ideas using fabulous products from Two Berry Creative!



I made few place cards for our Thanksgiving table and cornstalks that can be used to label food items (there's only one in this post since I was testing out the concept - I'll be making more for the other foods, I promise we won't just be eating mashed potatoes!)


The place cards are made using Rectangular Blank Tags and some fall paper from my stash. I adhered some patterned paper to a clothespin for decoration so the clothespin could be used to hold the card in place. I also distressed the edges of the tags with Tim Holtz Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. 




Above are a few close-ups of the cornstalk. Making it was really easy! Here's what I did:

1. Cut strips of gold cardstock into 1/2" x 6" strips.
2. Lightly distress the edges of the paper with ink of your choice, I used Gathered Twigs Distress Ink on these also.
3. Using a clear tube as a base, adhere the strips around the tube, lightly folding the ends of the paper to give them a curled look. 
4. Add more strips to the inside of the tube to give the stalk a bustier look.
5. When all of your strips have been adhered, wrap twine around the center of the stalk. I used Gold Metallic twine from Two Berry Creative.
6. Use a Rectangular Blank Tag to write the name of the food dish, and tie it around the cornstalk. I distressed this tag with Gathered Twigs also. 

Super easy to make and not very time consuming! There are lots of different ways you can embellish these place cards and I hope you found a bit of inspiration today, thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I never get much done in terms of Thanksgiving decoration, I guess I'm worn out from Halloween + ready to start on Christmas. [it takes me awhile to plan a project, acquire supplies + then make it, so if I don't get started on Christmas stuff now it won't happen in time!] Thanksgiving is small in our house, the last couple of years it's been just the two of us since all of our family is on the west coast. I'm still looking forward to a great meal though + my classes end the Monday before Thanksgiving [I still have finals in December though], so there's a lot to look forward to! Good luck getting the rest of those completed :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...