Monday, June 24, 2013

Heartstring Designs Mustache Challenge!

Happy Monday! I had some extra time last week, and thought it'd be fun to play along with the current mustache challenge going on at Heartstring Designs! I'll admit I never hopped on the mustache bandwagon, but I still had a great time coming up with a card for the challenge!

It had to be inspired by this sketch, and be masculine while featuring a mustache:

Here's my take on it:


I LOVED working with this sketch! I love all the detail it has. Papers are from the Fancy Pants "Swagger" collection, which worked perfectly for this challenge!


The #1 and "You're Amazing" stamps are both from Close to My Heart, and the DAD letters are some alpha stickers from my stash. The gears are by Tim Holtz, and I added some green pearls to bring out the green in the polka dot paper. I also added a strip of crinkle ribbon from 3 Girl Jam.


To give the card a more "manly" feel, I distressed and tore the edges of the paper. Distress Inks I used include Chipped Sapphire, Pumice Stone, Walnut Stain, and Broken China. 


If you have a mustache fetish this challenge is perfect for you! One random winner will receive 3 rolls of washi tape AND a special mustache surprise. :)

Thanks for stopping by!



8 comments:

  1. This is an awesome card!! Great masculine feel!
    Have a wonderful evening!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card!!! Love it great take of the sketch!!
    Loves-Scrappin Madge Heartstrings DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Ashley!!! Thanks for joining Heartstring Designs Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Your card is adorable!
    :) Midge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...