Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Happy Hello

Well, it's Tuesday. Normally I don't mind Tuesdays, but today is my first day back in class after having a week off, so I'm a bit tired! It's always so hard to get back in the groove after having some time off. I did get A LOT of work done on my week off, and it feels really good to be caught up and even head of the game with homework assignments and such.

The one good about it being Tuesday, however, is that it's time for another challenge at Party Time Tuesdays! This week's challenge is a pastel challenge. 

For some reason, I always have such a hard time working with pastels. I'm used to working with brighter and bolder colors, so having to tone it down a notch or two is often a challenge. But at the same time, that's what makes it fun. :)

To make it even more of a challenge, I decided to create a step card with the help of my Cameo, a style of card I've never made before!


The adorable image I used is "Ellie with Kite" available in The Paper Nest Dolls online shop. I colored her with my Copics, but because I needed a small image (she's only a couple inches tall) I only need a few colors Copics and used one-shaded blending since she's pretty tiny, and blending with multiple colors would've been very difficult. Here are the copics I used:

Skin: E00, E01, E02
Hair: Y08, Y11, Y13
Dress & Shoes: B00, YG11
Kite: V12, RV52

The papers are from the DCWV "So Sweet" mat stack and the flowers are Prima. I added some adhesive pearls in the corners of the plaid paper and embellished the white background of the digi using White Opal Liquid Pearls - a new favorite technique of mine! The 'Happy Hello' sentiment is from Whimsical Designs.

Even though pastels are a challenge for me to use, I'm really pleased with how this card turned out! I hope you stop by Party Time Tuesdays to check out more inspiration from their wonderful design team and even link up a pastel card of yours. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love your card,Very pretty,She is awesome,great coloring...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...