Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Card Creating Tuesday - Sketch Day


Hello! I hope everyone has had a wonderful start to their week! Today I'd like to share my card I made for this week's Card Creating Tuesday at My Cricut Craft Room - it's my first time participating in the sketch challenge rather than the theme challenge! While I LOVE themed challenges, sketch challenges are always fun, too, and they definitely get my creativity flowing. Here's the sketch for this week's challenge:


Since it's a fairly simple sketch, I decided to make a fairly simple card to go with it. Even though the card is pretty basic, I actually really like it, although I can't quite put my finger on what makes it so appealing to me, LOL. 



Believe it or not, I actually used three Cricut cartridges to make this card! The frame is cut at 5" from the Elegant Edges cartridge, the USA letters are cut at 1" each from the Pooh Font cartridge, and the stars are cut at 1" from the Happy Graduation cartridge. It's sort of hard to see in the picture, but I used my Inkessentials foam applicator to distress black ink over the stars to give them a more "vintagey" feel to match the paper. It was my first time using the tool and I'm happy to say I'm pleased with it's first trial! :)

Stop by My Cricut Craft Room to see what other cards inspired by this patriotic sketch the DT ladies have created for ya! :)

Ashley

6 comments:

  1. Wonderfully patriotic Ashley. I really love the card.
    Great job!
    TFS!
    ClaireR
    My Cricut Craft Room DTM
    www.ThreeWatersCreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome card!
    Lisa
    MCCR DT
    http://ourcraftingcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, I really like your take on the sketch and the way your card turned out! Great job!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT SIS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. Great job on ur 1st sketch.

    MCCR DT, Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...