Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Sparkly Snowflake Ornaments

The weekly DT challenge over at Becky's Sweet Creations this week was to create an ornament. I just happened to be at Michael's the other evening when they had their special 25% off your entire purchase (including sale items!) sale from 4pm-9pm. Let's just say I spent a little more than I should have... :) While looking for something to inspire my ornament I found these super cute wooden snowflakes for only $1! Well, technically 75 cents since I got them 25% off. :) I found some winter-colored acrylic paint (only 69 cents) and painted them and then spruced them up with a bit of glitter.

The paint on the snowflake looks grey, but it's really blue. Take a look at the pictures below if you don't believe me! :)

I actually used two different color silver glitters for this snowflake. It's hard to tell in the picture, but you can sort of see it a little bit. :/

Other than a paint brush and an Elmer's glue pen, here's what I used to make the ornaments:

For the glitter, I used the colors 'Silver', 'Ocean', and 'Bling' For the acrylic paint, I used the colors 'Slate Grey' and 'Winter Blue.'

Here's a close-up of the actual paint color. See, I told you it was blue! :)

I'm so thankful for the wonderful ladies on my DT and also anyone who has supported my blog over the past six months or so. It's hard to believe how fast time has gone, and I'm so happy with the progress my blog has made. Thanks to everyone who has helped it grow! Have a very, very happy Thanksgiving. :)

Ashley

4 comments:

  1. Great job Ashley...I love them. i always put plastic snowflakes but this year the tree will be Pink so i can make these pink! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty...gonna give this a try :D TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super pretty. I bought my daughter some orange glitter today, so we will be making ornaments soon.

    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow so pretty, i might have to try that sometime!
    hope you visit my blog, annabeedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...